People are feeling the need to be updated at all times. It has become a time-eater, and businesses are quickly becoming aware of the drain it can have on productivity. People love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out. Understanding Social Media is about communicating the right way. We are beginning to communicate more through electronic means than face to face. Talking on a phone has been replaced more and more with SMS (texting.) Social media channels are becoming the main form of communication and you will realize how Social media and the Workplace can work together.
People love to stay connected, so it’s no wonder that social media sites continue to grow in popularity. However, with social media sites going mobile and are open 24 hours a day, people can often forget where to draw the line, especially at work. Companies should examine how this media is affecting them and how they can implement ways to move forward with technology without letting it interfere with productivity.
To effectively learn how to use social media in the workplace, an employee must learn the basic building blocks of social media and the different ways they interact and perform. Once we understand that social media is about communication, we can establish guidelines that allow employees to feel free to network while staying focused at work.
- Learn the meaning of social media
- Learn different ways social media is used and altered
- Build and maintain a social media policy
- Keeping your social media secure
- Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
- Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
- What is Social Media?
- Defining Your Social Media Policy (I)
- Defining Your Social Media Policy (II)
- Creating a Living Document
- Keeping an Eye on Security
- Rules to Follow When Posting (I)
- Rules to Follow When Posting (II)
- Benefits of Social Media
- The Pitfalls of Social Media
- Listen to Your Customers