Business Course Overview
Welcome to the Business Writing Course.
Writing is a crucial method of communication for most people, and it’s one that many people struggle with. This course will give you a refresher on basic writing concepts such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
It will also provide an overview of the most common business documents, such as proposals, reports, and agendas. All of this will give that extra edge in the workplace.
Writing and communication skills have degraded, with more and more people communicating through email and text messaging.
Developing writing skills is still vital in business, as creating proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas) gives you that extra edge in the workplace.
The Business Writing Course will give you a refresher on basic writing concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common business documents.
These basic skills will give you that extra benefit in the business world that many people are losing.
Business Writing Course Objectives
Know how to collaborate with team members. Research has consistently demonstrated that clear goals are associated with learning more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, proposals, and reports.
- Know tips and techniques when deciding the most appropriate format for agendas, email messages, business letters, proposals, and reports.
- Know tips and techniques for writing agendas, email messages, business letters, proposals, and reports.
- Gain an overview of proposal requests, Projects, executive summaries, and business cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques for improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills.
- List guidelines in printing and publishing business writing.