Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers. Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With this in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
- Basic Terminology (I)
- Basic Terminology (II)
- Accounting Methods
- Keeping Track of Your Business
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Other Financial Statements
- Payroll Accounting / Terminology
- End of Period Procedures
- Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control