Course Overview :
Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers. Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them, or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping
Course Objectives :
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With this in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this Course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Basic Terminology (I)
Module 3: Basic Terminology (II)
Module 4: Accounting Methods
Module 5: Keeping Track of Your Business
Module 6: Understanding the Balance Sheet
Module 7: Other Financial Statements
Module 8: Payroll Accounting / Terminology
Module 9: End of Period Procedures
Module 10: Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control
Module 11: Auditing
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 1
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Basic Terminology (I)
- Module 3: Basic Terminology (II)
- Module 4: Accounting Methods
- Module 5: Keeping Track of Your Business
- Module 6: Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Module 7: Other Financial Statements
- Module 8: Payroll Accounting / Terminology
- Module 9: End of Period Procedures
- Module 10: Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control
- Module 11: Auditing
- Basic Bookkeeping Final Exam